6/9/2011 Update: Crawling to the finish line

I was only able to add 3 since the last post (although I did manage to hit a dozen on a trip to Syracuse at the end of May):  Azteca in Davenport, VFW in Rock Island, and The Clubhouse in Bettendorf, which officially hadn’t opened, but they were nice enough to let me in for a beer and a tour of the place.  They are open now, but official grand opening is June 24.  Besides being a sports bar, they feature 4 golf simulators, which they’ll rent by the hour.  They even give golf lessons, and will be forming indoor leagues.  The number is now 393.  After adding 17 in March and 28 in April, May’s total was a disappointing 7.

The Yahoo listing for Papa Joe’s in Andalusia proved to be a false lead.  We found it, but it looks to have been closed for a while.   I can’t find any information online as to when Beach House opens, but there is a Quad Cities Parrothead Club Social scheduled there for July 27th.

By knocking The Club House off, the “What’s Left” list stands at 11 bars (not including restaurants, golf courses, bowling alleys, or clubs/organizations, such as the American Legion, Elks, etc.).  Two of these haven’t opened yet, but I’m always planning for the future.  

Over the last 2+ years, I’ve been concentrating on conquering new territory, but that means I’ve neglected some bars that I’d like to get back to, and intend to once I hit 400.  Here’s a list of ten of my favorite places that I haven’t visited since starting my quest:

Rookies
The Gardens
The Oasis
Cabana's
Phil & Larry's
Christopher D's
Blue Cat
RIBco
Go Fish
Creekside Inn

Just got thinking, once I hit 400, what will I have to write about?  Even with turnover, I’m guessing there won’t be another 96 bars open in the next year or so.  Round two?  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6/22/2012 Update - 7 more!

9/27/2014 Update: Buffett Song Bar Trivia

1/5/2012 Update – Jinx?