5/5/2011 Update: Two years of barhopping

Added since the last update:  Lucky Shamrock (old Augie’s on 20th) and Rozz-Tox in Rock Island; American Legion in East Moline; and Blueport Junction in Davenport.  New total is 386 (click to view). 

Bar news:

·         The new iteration of Cheer’s in Moline, which had been operating under that name, looks like it’s now called Salute on 7th.
 
·         What I originally thought was going to be The Clubhouse (old Northwoods Steakhouse), is actually going to be The Beach House – found that out at the Parrot Head Social. 

·         There’s a new sign above the old Tailgater’s in downtown Moline that indicates it’s becoming Rubikon, and also noticed a club on 5th Ave. called Excalibur, which apparently is open.  Both go on the “What’s Left” list.

·         Word is that Club Fusion has closed, so that comes off the What’s Left list (aw, shucks).  That list still sits at 13, with 3 not open yet.

·         On the awning of the University Club in downtown Moline, they’ve added “Piano Bar”.  This takes further investigation.

·         Even though it has new owners, has been remodeled, and advertises itself as the ‘New’ Rusty Nail, the sign still says Rusty Nail.  I don’t feel right about counting it again if I happen to go there.

Stats:  Two years ago, I started keeping a record not just of the new bars I went to, but all of the bars, and the number of visits.   Although I didn’t know it at the time (I remembered a few over the months, and many others reminded me of more), I started out having been to 230 different Quad Cities bars.  In those two years, I added 156 more, for my current total of 386.  However, I didn’t forget old friends:


# Bars
# Visits
Quad Cities Bars
218
880
Out of Town Bars
49
68
Total
267
948

(Some of you might be doing the math:  365 days in a year, times 2, naught from naught is naught, carry the naught…Hmmm.  Treatment might be in order.  There were actually 299 days where I didn’t hit a bar, though.)

Top Ten (in attendance):
1
Rick & Kathy's
99
2
It's On The River
98
3
Harley's
90
4
Bon Air
43
5
Governor's Bettendorf
41
6
Fargo
27
7
P. K. Dugan's
22
8
Poor Boy's
20
9
G's Riverfront Café
19
10
Duey's
16

Paddlewheel
16

I have more stats, most of which are probably only of interest to myself.  I might post some next time, if it’s a slow news day.    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6/22/2012 Update - 7 more!

9/27/2014 Update: Buffett Song Bar Trivia

1/5/2012 Update – Jinx?