1/14/2011 Update: The chase to 400


We were discussing the re-opened Blackhawk Hotel with other members of the Quad City Parrot Head Club (we’re staying at the Blackhawk for the upcoming Havana Daydreaming night at the River Center), and someone asked what the name was of the restaurant that used to be at the top of the hotel.  Realizing the only time I had been to High Notes we had a drink at the bar while for a table, I added it to the list.  On Wednesday, I hit Charlie’s in Colona, and Brucer’s Dawg House in East Moline, so the list stands at 320. 
This means I’m 80 short of my 12/31/2011 goal of 400 QC Area bars.  Plenty of time left; my concern is inventory.  By my count (and I’m hoping to have input from readers in case I’m missing any), there are 57 left:

Davenport (37)

3rd St. Bar & Grill


Bait Shop


Big Daddy's


Bix Lounge


Blueport Junction


Brady St. Pub


Chuck's Tap


Club Fusion


Connections


Cozy Nook


Do-Dah Tap


Double Deuce


Drunken Monkey


Firehouse Bar & Grill


Frackie's


Fricks


Gary's Cedar St Inn


Gravy's


Herb's Tap


Joe's Club


Lumpy's


Mary's on 2nd


McButt's


Mojo's


New Wooden Nickel


Oceanside Lounge


Probstei Inn


Quarry


Redstone Room


Reggie's Fox Den


Roadrunner's


Scott's Shovelhead Shead


Skattercats


Stickman's


Stoeger's


Vivian's Tap


Woodlawn Tap
East Moline (6)

Cantina Los Cuates


Gabino's


Jim's Domino Lounge


Little Brown Jug


Percy's


Top Shelf Lounge
Rock Island (4)

Buck's Tap


Jimmey's Tap


Last Chance


The Warehouse
Eldridge (3)

Al & Gerry's


Del's


Lancer's
Milan (3)

Beer Academy


Mr Ed's


Pagalo's
Andalusia (2)

Dooley's


Ducky's Lagoon
Buffalo (1)

Biscuit's




This does not count restaurants, golf course, nor bowling alley bars, but when I add these up (and I’m sure I’m missing some), I only come up with 18.  This leaves me 5 short, and that assumes I’ll go to every bar out of the 57, which, ‘Chase to 400’ or not, I probably won’t.   I’ll have to count on some turnover to have a shot; 17 or 18 reopened with different names and/or owners last year.  In fact, there are 30 physical locations that account for 67 bars on my list.  I’ll list those next time. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6/22/2012 Update - 7 more!

9/27/2014 Update: Buffett Song Bar Trivia

1/5/2012 Update – Jinx?