10/10/2011 Update: Another one slipped by me


Once again I was unaware of a bar that, in this case, has been open for well over a year.  Sharky’s is the latest version of the billiards bar attached to Miller Time Bowl in Davenport.  Now, I need some help – was this separate from Stars And Stripes?  I think that there were two sections of Stars And Stripes back in the day, with the pool hall being one of them, but it may have had a different name.  If so, I’ve been to both so that would add to my total.

Two additions to my list hadn’t even had a chance to make it to my “What’s Left” list:  Refresh in Moline, and 129 in Leclaire.  I really enjoyed 129, which bills it as a coffee and wine bar, though I had no trouble scaring up a Miller Lite while the ladies enjoyed martinis.  Comfortable furniture, nice river views, and there’s a wine rack that you can pick out a bottle for your table.  We’ve already been back again.

Refresh (which opened in the old QCZone) is making an unusual fashion statement, with white cushions on the barstools, couches, and the walls.  The feeling I got was if a couple plasma lights were added, you’d see Austin Powers and Foxy Cleopatra hanging there. 

My other additions include the new location of Café Fresh, and D’Alessandro in Rock Island, bringing the new total to 410.  I struggled a little with counting both Refresh and Café Fresh as they’re attached, but I did belly up at both bars.  Also, there is precedence, with the Arena / 2nd Avenue / RIBCO complex.  Plus, it’s my rules.  It does bring up a question about Rascal’s;  is Rascal’s Live a different bar?  I’ll make that call once I see it open, as usually it’s in the afternoon when we stop at Rascal’s. 

 I haven’t seen any action at Rubikon’s lately, nor anything new on their Facebook page, so I’m not sure when we can see their grand opening.   With the additions of Sharky’s, the “What’s Left” list is at 36.  I also managed to knock Sneaky Pete’s of my “Pre-List” (bars I hadn’t been to since I started tracking, which was 5/1/2009) list.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6/22/2012 Update - 7 more!

9/27/2014 Update: Buffett Song Bar Trivia

1/5/2012 Update – Jinx?