3/8/2015 Update:

After becoming aware of the bars in Donahue, I made short work of adding them to my list.  First I hit The Depot, which appears very new and, honestly, more upscale than I would have expected in Donahue, with good food and a real nice interior.  Across the street lies Don’s Pub & Grill, which is more like what I would expect from Donahue.  It’s an excellent dive bar, with both a friendly bartender and crowd (at least the Wednesday evening I visited). 

My basis for considering a bar to be within the Quad Cities area is within a 20 mile radius from I74 bridge.  I Mapquested the two Donahue bars from the Paddlewheel in Bettendorf (at the foot of the bridge) to determine their eligibility, and while I was at it, I checked a few others.  Turns out McCausland is within range, so I was able to also add The Lucky Frog, a place we visited back in 2011.  That and the two Donahue bars bring my total to 548.

Other Bar News, including many upcoming bar openings:


  • 100 Montaditos, the little Spanish sandwich place off Utica Ridge in Davenport, closed in January.  This is paving the way for a third location for The Barrel House, which should open there in May (their fourth location in LeClaire is projected to open in November).
  • Moe’s Burgers And Brews will be opening (or may already be open) on 4th Ave. in Rock Island, in the same location that previously housed D’Alessandro’s, Putter’s, Ragtime, and Duffy’s.
  • Creekside Inn in Davenport is closed, but the sign outside proclaims it will be opening this month as Kutch & Tob’s Bicycle Rack (kind of a mouthful).
  • Cru should be opening soon in the Union Arcade building in downtown Davenport, though it will be impossible to see when they’re actually open, hidden under the scaffolding.  A couple of doors down, Brady Street Pub has closed.
  • Just a rumor at this point, but there’s a possibility of an Irish bar going in to the space for sale next to Ducky’s Formal Wear on River Dr. in downtown Moline.  As I’ve mentioned before, my definition of a real Irish Bar has traditional Irish music on occasion, and serves a full Irish breakfast at 10 pm, but what passes for an Irish bar in the Quad Cities is somewhat less.
  • The walls are up at the Green Tree Brewery in LeClaire, and scheduled to open in May.
  • The sign at Cabana’s listing the sale price is no longer on.  This could mean it’s sold, or could mean they no longer can afford the electricity for the sign.
  • The building going up between McDonalds and Frank’s Pizza (closed now, but will become the new location for Ross) will contain a burger restaurant with a bar.

While determining McCausland and Donahue were within my range, I also found the same to be true for Walcott and Sherrard, so Lampliter Inn and The Office go on my What’s Left list.  Along with Cru, Barrel House, Bicycle Rack, and Moe’s, the list goes to 15, the longest it’s been in some time.

Looking forward to next post, when I hope to add another half dozen to my list.

Bars since the Feb 13 post ( * - new to my list):


R Bar
Red Lobster
RiverBottom ChopHouse
129
Front Street Brewery
Biaggi's
Bad Boy'z Pizza - Davenport
* Don's Pub & Grill
Fargo
Blu Shamrock
Bottoms Up
Osaka (Dav.)
Riley's Roadhouse
Governor's (Bettendorf)
My Place - The Pub
Harrington's
Rookies
* The Depot
Rick and Kathy's
Star Bar
River House
Bad Boy'z Pizza
J Bar, The

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6/22/2012 Update - 7 more!

9/27/2014 Update: Buffett Song Bar Trivia

1/5/2012 Update – Jinx?