12/8/2010 Update: Mound Street Landing was Village Idiot's

We stopped at Mound St. Landing during Christmas in the Village, but forgot to ask while I was there what it had been called prior to becoming Mound St.  Luckily, I remembered I have a telephone, so I called, and Village Idiot’s is now added to the list (also found out that at sometime in the past it had been called Crawdaddy’s).  Prior to that, Schooner’s, in the Clarion hotel off Brady St., became #304, and Crane And Pelican in Leclaire is #305.  Click “The List” above to see them all.

I’ve also got some additions to my favorite bartender list.  I had been making an effort not to take an inordinately large number of bartenders from any of my favorite bars, but these bars become my favorites in large part because of the bartenders.  As I looked at my existing list, all five of the bartenders (Erin, Michelle, Sandra, Nate, and Sarah) from It’s On The River deserve to be there.  I have added a Favorite Bartenders page above.

Now, a couple more lists:

5 BARS I’M LEAST LIKELY TO GO BACK TO:

Happy Hollow, Davenport
Carole’s Tap, Davenport
McManus Pub, Moline
Dew Drop Inn, Moline
L’il Cow Bell, East Moline 

FIVE BARS WITH GREAT VIEWS:

Bierstube, Davenport (especially when the sailboats are out)
It’s On The River, Port Byron
The Oasis, Bettendorf (Isle of Capri Marina)
Captain’s Table, Moline
Tiki Bar at Modern Woodmen Park, Davenport                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6/22/2012 Update - 7 more!

9/27/2014 Update: Buffett Song Bar Trivia

1/5/2012 Update – Jinx?