7/22/2011 Update: 399!

One more to go to hit 400, but I don’t plan on stopping there.  There’s still nine open bars (plus two that look like they’re opening soon) to go. 

The old Shamrock in Cordova reopened as the Blu Shamrock, and was only on my “What’s Left” list (still standing at 11) for a week before we stopped by.  I guess back in the days when people weren’t scared to drive more than a couple miles to have a nice dinner and some drinks, this was an upscale and busy supper club. In addition, my wife and I stopped at Backwater Jack’s at the Stoney Creek Inn, and I swung by Mean Mel’s Steakhouse in Port Byron (formerly The Lodge), a place where you can cook your own steaks, and has a nice little bar overlooking the Mississippi.  The list, as mentioned, stands at 399.

Speaking of my wife, I scanned my list and discovered that she has been to 279 of the places on my list, plus two more (Elks club in Moline, and the Scrub Pub in East Moline).  She could write her own blog, if she had the inclination.

In other news:

The recently closed Pizza Express in Bettendorf has reopened as Mylee restaurant.  I haven’t been in yet,    but if they didn’t tear down the bar during the remodel I’ll be able to count it again

Beach House in Bettendorf had to delay the monthly Quad City Parrot Head club social until August, as construction is not yet complete.

Rubikon may or may not be open – there’s construction paper on the windows, so it’s hard to tell.  I get the impression it’ll be one of these clubs that open at 9:00 pm.

Next post will put me over 400!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6/22/2012 Update - 7 more!

9/27/2014 Update: Buffett Song Bar Trivia

1/5/2012 Update – Jinx?