8/22/2011 Update: Intelligence FAIL

Ya know, I thought I had a pretty good handle on what’s what with bars in the Quad Cities.  I’ve been writing this blog for about 10 months, but tracking my bar progress since May of ’09.  I consult the newspapers, websites, and do my own recon, as boots on the ground yield the best information.  I have people, including bar owners, bartenders, and others just being helpful asking, “You been here?  You been there?”  That’s why, even though it’s usually a pleasant surprise, it still makes me feel a little inept when I find there’s a bar in downtown Moline, smack on River Drive, that has been open since January and I didn’t know about it.  Thank you to Sarah at Mulligan’s Valley Pub for clueing me in to The Landing, two doors down from Bass Street Chop House.
  
With that addition, the “What’s left” list moves to 12, which includes Rubikon and The Beach House, which I hope will open soon.

Speaking of Rubikon, they’re now hiring, and have added signage on their windows.  The signage is a little confusing though:  left side says “Bar/Grill” and “Coffee”, right side says “Fax”, “Print”, “Email”, and “Copy”.  Makes me think there are going to be two businesses in the old Tailgater’s.

As I’ve often mentioned, “What’s left” currently includes only bars, while “The List” includes restaurants (as long as I’ve actually sat at the bar), golf courses, bowling alleys, private or semi private clubs (like the VFW’s or the Viking Club), etc.  I’m going to rework and start including these in the “What’s Left” list;  it paints a little more accurate picture, and makes me feel better about my chances of getting to 500.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6/22/2012 Update - 7 more!

9/27/2014 Update: Buffett Song Bar Trivia

1/5/2012 Update – Jinx?