9/10/2011 Update:

Took a ride in the country Saturday to visit Argo General Store (technically in Leclaire, corner of Wells Ferry and Territorial), which I’ve passed before, but wasn’t aware a bar existed within until our friends Ron and Cheryl filled me in a few days ago.  I also stopped at 1 Hundred West at the Steeplegate, the latest iteration of Lucky’s.  Someone said it had been redecorated, but I couldn’t tell – same mirrored walls surrounding the dance floor as before; maybe they changed the color scheme down at the lounge end.  The new total is 405.

Rubikon’s Facebook page indicates they’ll be opening this week, and Steve Block commented that it’s going to be a coffee bar in the day, and a bar / night club at night.   The Beach House, judging by the amount of construction trash that was in the lot Thursday, looked like it still had a few weeks to go.  However, our friend Wanda texted us from there Saturday night, and told us it was open and a pretty fun place.  Also looks like Route 61 Bar and Grill has become The Pub, so my week is getting planned out for me.

The addition of Argo General Store and 1 Hundred West would also have lowered my “What’s Left” list to 10, but with the addition of clubs, golf courses, and bowling alleys (plus The Pub), it moves up to 36.  Even with restaurants, hitting 500 is a long way off, so I’ve created another goal for myself.  When I started tracking bars in May of 2009, I was at 230 (though it took a while to remember them all).  I’ve since hit another 175 that I hadn’t been to, but of course I’ve been back to many of the “originals”.  Many have closed, but I’m going to try to hit the rest by May 2012, the 3rd anniversary of this silliness.  I’ve made a small dent in this just in the last two weeks, with visits to City Limits, Blue Cat, and Christopher D’s.  Here are the others I haven’t been to a while:


Davenport (24)
Waterfall Lounge (Radisson Hotel)

Carriage Haus

Mac's Tavern

The New Opendore

Jack's Locust Street Tavern

Rookies

Stadium Club

Creekside Inn

30 Lanes

The Gardens

The Meat Market

The Hat

The Rusty Nail

11th St. Precinct

Grumpy's Saloon

Hooters

Gallery

Hawkeye Tap

The Dugout

Larry Bob's Oasis

Miller Time Bowl

Granite City

Kelly's

Phil and Larry's
Bettendorf (3)
The Oasis

VFW

Bennigan's
Leclaire (1)
Sneaky Pete's
Buffalo (1)
Beach Pub
Princeton (1)
Go Fish
Moline (10)
Bent River Brewing Company

Casey's

American Legion

Belgian Village

Dew Drop Inn

Hard Times

Viking Club

White Horse

Governor's

Greenbriar
Rock Island (7)
Bennigan's

Steve's Old Time Tap

Star Bar (Le Figaro)

The Arena

RIBCo

Del's in the District

O'Melia's
East Moline (2)
The Torchlight

Leisure Time
Silvis (1)
The Triangle
Milan (1)
Jim's Knoxville Tap





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6/22/2012 Update - 7 more!

9/27/2014 Update: Buffett Song Bar Trivia

1/5/2012 Update – Jinx?