9/21/2011 Update: Beach House finally open!

Well, the week didn’t pan out according to my original plan, as I found that The Pub (old Route 61 Bar & Grill) actually hasn’t opened yet – that tentative date is set for October 13th.  I haven’t been by Rubikon in Moline lately, but I see they removed any mention of when they’ll open from their FB page.  Also, The Beach House apparently opened for one night September 10th, then closed until their official (soft) opening, which was September 20th.  I did manage to make it there, so I’m now up to 406.  It also lowers my “What’s Left” list to 35.

I’m really hoping the Beach House makes it a lot longer than the two prior occupants of the building (Beaver’s East and Northwoods), because they really did a nice job of it on the interior.  Even with the palm trees out front, the interior gives me more of a Jersey boardwalk feel than tropical, and they have a lot of seafood choices on the menu. 

From the list of places I hadn’t been to since before I started tracking this (I have to think of a name for this list that rolls off the tongue a little easier – “Pre-List” list?  “The Archives”?), I knocked off 11th Street Precinct, Kelly’s, and Bennigan’s (Bettendorf).   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6/22/2012 Update - 7 more!

9/27/2014 Update: Buffett Song Bar Trivia

1/5/2012 Update – Jinx?