2/24/2012 Update – Mmm, Gyros!

On occasion, I do love me a Gyro.  I’ve noticed them turning up on more menus, but the best are typically found at the places that are pretty much dedicated to making Gyros, to the point that it’s included in their name (Jimmy’s King Gyros, Uncle Pete’s Gyros, Dr. Gyros).  Gyros are really good when you’re having a few beers, but, unfortunately, the best Gyro joints don’t have liquor licenses – or bars, waitresses, and flat screen TVs.  That’s why I’m looking forward to trying out The Doc’s Inn in Silvis, which was scheduled to open Feb. 20th, by the owners of Dr. Gyros.  I haven’t been by yet to see if it did open by target date; either way, it’ll be in my next update.

This week’s addition to the list, bringing it to 424, is the Knights of Columbus Hall in Davenport.  Net zero once again on my What’s Left list (16), as Cantina Los Cuates in East Moline has become Pulse, The Doc’s Inn and another new opening in East Moline, the Silver Spur Dance Hall, get added, and the K of C comes off, as well as Stickman’s, which really looks like it’s closed to me – please comment, if anyone knows otherwise.  In other news, Moon River Supper Club in Andalusia is now closed, and Papi’s in Bettendorf has changed their name to La Flama, who they were owned by anyhow.  I applaud the decision to change names, as La Flama has a great reputation in Moline, and, however it sounds in Spanish, “Papi’s” always sounded somewhat infantile (pay attention, Sippi’s).

I’m almost done with addresses on the Roster – should have it done by next post.

I’m still looking for more bar inventory!  There’s lots of vacancies out there, including Cabana’s, The Beach House, Uptown, Beer Belly’s, Tilt (or Envy, or Kai’s, whatever it was last), Cheddar’s, Carlos O’Kelley’s (Davenport), Chi Chi’s, and the whole of the Freighthouse.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6/22/2012 Update - 7 more!

9/27/2014 Update: Buffett Song Bar Trivia

1/5/2012 Update – Jinx?