6/04/2012 Update


Apparently, every year the Lindsay Park Yacht Club has the Fry Daddies play on the deck, and it’s one of two times a year the club is open to the public.  Turns out, LPYC has maybe the nicest bar/restaurant on the river, and it became # 434 on the list.  I also hit Rudy’s in Bettendorf, making 435 – Rudy’s could have a big hand in getting me to 500, as there are still another 10 Quad Cities locations.

Last Saturday was a day for river bars, as, besides LPYC, my wife and I also visited The Oasis, the marina bar at Isle Of Capri, which was on my Pre-List list (list of bars I hadn’t been to since April 30, 2009); Bootlegger’s – technically not a “river” bar, but one of the nicest views of the river, especially when the sailboats are out; The Boat House, and It’s On The River.  We also stopped by to see if the new Front Street Brewery location in the Freight House was open yet – it was not, but the owner assured me it will be by Saturday, Jun 2.  Lindsay Park wasn’t on my “What’s Left” list, but Secrets, a ‘gentleman’s cabaret’, opened in what used to be the Amsterdam, and my friend John informs me that Brucer’s Dawg House is becoming Jimbo’s Knucklehead Saloon, so that number goes up two to 16, not including restaurants, golf courses, etc.  I’m also told Kernan’s in Princeton was finally purchased, but I have no information as to what it’s going to be nor an opening date.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6/22/2012 Update - 7 more!

9/27/2014 Update: Buffett Song Bar Trivia

1/5/2012 Update – Jinx?