04/01/2013 Update: The Landing to be resurrected, Bad Boy’z open

Bad Boy’z new location in Davenport finally opened March 20th, and was promptly added to my list.  That, plus Starr’s Two Wheel Tap (which recently replaced The Little Bar in West Davenport), and Le Mekong and Las Regias, both in Moline, take my number up to 480.  

Pub 1848 will be opening soon next to Bass Street Chop House, in what until recently used to be The Landing.  By the Facebook photos, it looks like significant remodeling is going on, though no anticipated opening date set yet.  Signs are now up at The Barrel House, and the Rubikon signs are down with work apparently proceeding.  It’s On the River failed to reopen on the 15th as their (second) sign posted on the door had indicated, but the latest rumor is that it has been sold.  Also, new owners take over at Go Fish, and I’m looking forward to their reopening for the summer.
Off comes Bad Boy’z and on goes Pub 1848 to my “What’s Left” list (never had a chance to put the Two Wheel Tap on), so the list remains at 15.  

When I wrote my ‘Dive Bar’ posts, I put together Top Ten lists of both best dives (7-23-2012) and worst dives (8-22-2012) in the Quad Cities area.  At that time I had McManus Pub as one of the worst, but I since have had occasion to return and saw that it had been cleaned up and remodeled.  They even opened up the back room, which I didn’t even know they had.  McManus comes off my Worst Ten Dives list and is replaced by The Triangle in Silvis.  That list also included the Do Dah Tap, and changing the name to the Gateway Pub did nothing to change its standing. 

I've got thirty days to try to hit my goal of 500.  I wish it were as easy as just stopping at Twenty in Moline.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6/22/2012 Update - 7 more!

9/27/2014 Update: Buffett Song Bar Trivia

1/5/2012 Update – Jinx?